Are you addicted to DVD movies? You can enjoy them on your any DVD players, PC or Mac, although they are copyright protected, if you want, you can watch them anytime. Have you ever considered ripping these digital copy DVDs onto your smartphone, tablet, or netbook? If you are PC user, there is freeware for you to copy digital DVDs, but I can not guarantee that it can decrypt copyright protection legally. Here HandBrake for you to choose on PC. And if you are Mac user, just like me, I can share my experience on how to copy a DVD with copyright protection legally, or ripping digital DVD to video format, then you can play the movie wherever and however you want.
In order to decrypt DVDs, you should legal software to do so, or you can install plug-in, which circumvents the publisher's DRM technology. However, this kind of procedure occupies a legal gray area currently. Generally, it's legal to copy & rip DVDs for your own use, here I am just going to present the tutorial and you can follow the steps if you like.
For Windows User
1. Download and install HandBrake, this freeware is open source, and it's available for Mac, Windows, Linux.
2. Click "Source" button and select the DVD from the drop-down menu. HandBrake will then scan the disc for titles to copy.
3. There is a list of preset outputs for a slew of Apple devices for you to choose on the right side.
4. If you want to rip more than one DVD, click "Add to Queue"; if not, just clicking "Start" to get this job done.
For Mac User
1. Download and install Any DVD Cloner for Mac Platinum
2. Insert Encrypted DVD into Mac
a. DVD Copy feature: choose "Target Size" as you required: DVD-9, DVD-5 and Customize
b. DVD Ripper feature: choose output format as you required
3. Click "Start" button to get this job done.