iPhone can't recognize MP4 Video
"I handbraked a DVD and chose the setting for the iPhone. (maybe i did it wrong). But what I was left with was a mp4. I brought the mp4 into Tunes and then attempted to synch with my iphone, but it came up with an error saying iPhone cannot play this type of file. What do I do? Thanks!"
iPhone Technical Specifications
- H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
That's the reason why your MP4 video can not be played on iPhone, like iPhone 4, iPhone 4s or iPhone 3G. As your MP4 requirements don't match technical specifications listed above, to fix this problem, what you should do is to take the 3rd-part application to convert m4p to iPhone fomrat to make your video's parameters meet the requirement of iPhone's.
How to convert mp4 to iphone mac
To convert mp4 to iPhone on Mac X Lion, you should download professional application to do so. Tune4mac iTunes Video Converter (" M4P to iPhone Converter" for short ) is the very software that you are looking for. With it, not only can help you convert MP4 to the video format which matches iPhone technical specifications, also can remove DRM from iTunes movies that purchases or rents in legal area. What's more, the simple step-by-step operation could give you a great experience to convert MP4 video on Mac OS.
Download MP4 to iPhone Converter and launch it;
- Click-one. Import MP4 video;
- Click-two. Choose "Apple iPhone MPEG-4 Movie (.mp4)" as output format;
- Click-three. Click "Convert" button to convert MP4 file.
Note and Tips
MP4 to iPhone Converter is professional application to convert video from one format to another. When you purchases or rents a video with M4V format from iTunes Store, you are not allowed to transfer it to any other Non-Apple portable media players, such as Sony Walkman, PSP/PS3, iRiver, even mobile phones like popular Nokia, BlackBerry etc, that because the DRM Copy-Protection is made by the movie producers for copyright protection. So how to remove DRM from those iTunes movies? Probably, my article of "Remove DRM from iTunes movie" would help you out.
How to sync MP4 to iPhone
Now, with the above tutorial, you would get the MP4 video, who matches technical specifications of iPhone, then how to sync it to iPhone is another problem should be solved. There are two methods for you to choose to transfer video to iPhone. Briefly, iCloud and iTunes method.
- iCloud method: register an iCloud account to share MP4 video with iPhone;
- iTunes method: sync MP4 to iPhone via iTunes account.
Note and Tips
If you would like to learn more operations listed above, this article of "Two ways to transfer videos to iPad, iPhone or iPod"